RIHLA #14


Advertisement
South America
January 5th 2012
Published: January 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Analyze The 45 Most Powerful Images of 2011 and complete the following tasks:

1) Choose 5 images from 2011 and describe the significance of the image as well as your reaction to the image and questions that it makes you ask.

5. Two lights from the former site of the World Trade Centers shine for the 10th anniversary of 9/11. My reaction to this image is sad because this is when 9/11 happen an all them innocent people died. This was tragic for every1 and still til this day we respect 9/11 and have a moment of prayers.

15. A man sits in front of a destroyed apartment building following the Joplin, Missouri tornado. (Reuters)
My reaction to this image shocked because I feel bad for the people in Joplin, Missouri. While I'm sitting here at home warm and comfy while others around the world don't even have a house, which is horrible.

20. Slain Navy SEAL Jon Tumilson's dog "Hawkeye" lies next to his casket during funeral services in Rockford, Iowa. Tumilson was one of 30 American soldiers killed in Afghanistan on August 6 when their helicopter was shot down during a mission to help fellow troops who had come under fire.
My reaction to this image is realizing that this soldiers fought for me and I respect him because he's doing his duty to protect my family.

22. Cars are abandoned on Chicago's Lake Shore Drive during the "Snowpocalypse" in February.
My reaction to this image is remembering the snow storm that we had last year in 2011 which was awesome because we were able to get days off school.

45. A U.S. Army soldier takes five with an Afghan boy during a patrol in Pul-e Alam, a town in Logar province, eastern Afghanistan.
My reaction to this image is pride because it's cute how the little kid is looking up to the soilders giving her a high five which is looking up to her and respecting her service.

2) Include OR Describe an image/photo that would best explain your year personally for 2011. Explain the significance of the image.

I can relation to picture to 20 an 45 because they both have to do with a marine serving for their country and I respect that each an everyday and some day I wanna be that person.

3) Explain why images/photos can be a valuable resource for historians who are trying to understand the past.

These images are a valuable resource for historians because this shows the past and what happen in history and the disasters and good and bad times, throughout all the history it was a struggle and showsbthe difference from where we are today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb