Buenos dias amigos!


Advertisement
South America
July 7th 2009
Published: July 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Journies, Arrival and Preparation for Action!



I am pleased to report that we all arrived safely although not quite as planned! Richard who was initially meant to arrived on Friday evening was delayed in Miami for 24hours (don´t feel sorry for him - he was put up in the Marriot and went to South Beach twice in the space of 24 hours!) and so the group was reunited on Saturday night.

Wendy, Olive, Lorna Mike and Lidia all arrived safely without too many mishaps along the way - Wendy had her expertly packed, Mary-Poppins-like hand-luggage emptied for all the world to see at security in the airport... only for the official to inform her that the scissors that had activated the X-ray machine were fine and that she could now proceed to repack her bag!

On arrival the team was welcomed by the Butchers, a lovely family who are hosting us for the next fortnight. We were given a guided tour of Guayaquil and introduced to Los Vergeles - the area in which we will be working. On Sunday we were given our itinery which was excellent as we became more sure of the tasks we have to do including,
• Clearing a piece of land which is to be used for building a new church (Tuesday and Wednesday)
• Teaching children in the PEPE groups (Friday)
• Helping at a medical mission (Saturday and Sunday)
• Painting inside the new church building in Los Vergeles (all next week!)

It´s very exciting - we´re all so keen to get started. As well as all these practical activities we will be leading 6 evening church meeting in the "missiones" in Los Vergeles and the surrounding area. The first of these meeting is this evening and we spent much of our time yesterday preparing a programme of songs, mime and teaching on The Good Samaritan.

Please pray that God would speak to the people of Bastion Popular as we have fellowship with them this evening and pray for our safety as we clear the land using machetes (the local way).

So much more to tell - will be updating the blog again soon and there will be photos!

Muchas gracias, Dios os bendiga,

Con amor,
The Team x

Advertisement



7th July 2009

Good to hear
It is 3.45pm here and I guess you have just had breakfast. At what time does your day start? Quite early maybe as you have a lot to get through. It is good to read what you are going to be doing and on which days. I am trying to work out if I can print the info off from the Blog, and I haven't got Richard here to help me! I had better look at the book - 'Computers for Seniors- Dummies' that he gave us!! Glad you all arrived and that Richard made good use of his delay in Miami ,as only he could do! Praying for you all. Angela.
7th July 2009

Glad to hear that you have all arrived safely at last! How warm is it? And what's the time difference? How is the land clearing going? Unfortunately we will be out of contact for a while 'cos of being away ourselves but God bless you and all you're doing! Richard, we had a homegroup lunch at Patience's on Sun which was great, inbetween watching the tennis and Lyndsey had had a late night party on the Sat too! Bye for now! Love Jane xo
8th July 2009

Great to hear you arrived safely!
Great to hear you all arrived safely and started work on your mission there.Hope all goes well,and the locals respond to your help and teachings!

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb