Bonnito


Advertisement
South America
June 2nd 2009
Published: July 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Next morning up early, and into town. Where we wait for our pick up to the blue cave at the agency.
After collecting the rest of the people for the tour, there where one or 2 people that could tell us wat the guide was telling us. It took us about 1 hour buy mini bus to get to the blue cave.

Once there we had a little time for toilet and sign in, from there we got really cool hair nets, ok they were not cool at all. That and helmet for the cave, just incase someone fell. We had a 30min walk to the cave after a talk by the guide describing what will happen, a lovely little Italian girl gave us the low down on what the guide said. So we made good friends with her, and an interpreter 😊

On the walk we thought we saw a cool animal, it turned out to be a domestic dog 😞, anyway we got to a big fence and we went through it, which was apparently goverment property. From there we started our decent of about 400 meteres into the cave with amazing views already starting. Deffenatly a place to go. Stalactites and mites 1 looking like budda another like Christ, very religous cave 😊

Our first sight of the water got me clicking away with my camera which had hardly any battery in it, Blue blue blue water it looks like it has been photo shopped in, its amazing. From the first sight of it we decended a further 100 meters where we got close to the water, for postcard photos. We got given some facts about the cave which for the of me I cant remember, but a sloth of 4 meters was found in there, a fossil of coarse. The walk down was easy but the walk up was another story altogether. Up at the top after a 2 hours or so we jumped back in the van with our memories of the cave and new friends made.

Getting into Bonito we met up with Willian and a friend and the italian lady(Daneila) joining us we walked to the river for an afternoon swim, it was a long walk but good none the less. Getting into the pool area, well river, there are so many fish its scarry. Scarry because Im not good with swimming with fish you can call it a phobia, so it took me a long time to get in. Finally just diving ontop of them they all just scatter, if thats the right word. Makaws flying over head, clear clear swimming water, lots of fish and Tucan sam flying this indead was another paradise of South America.

Our walk back got us back to Bonito in the dark, where we stopped at a street market for cheap cheap food. It was very good to empanadas and rolls of meet, hamburgers, WOW.

We planned all to meet up a little later for 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 drinks, you know how it goes.

We met a little later for drinks at a pub that surved tower beers, wow wee a tower of beer, your own keg 2 or 3 letres and it was kept cold. So what we saved on drinks we spent on drinks. We stayed there till they closed which was more than enough time. We had lots of fun, then walked back to the Pasada for a good sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1010.7kb