Brazil, long ass bus rides


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Pantanal
May 31st 2009
Published: May 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

The next bus heading out was early the next day, us wanting to get to the border and cross over get a stamp then stay the night and next day head to bonito.

But of coarse plans never stay the way we want them.... leaving at 6 am wow early start. Got to the border and decided ok this is quite a big place Puerto juan caballero so for 15 000 we get a taxi to go get our stamp, yes stamp done leaving the country the legal way. The whole time the taxi driver was pointing in a direction and mumbling something in spanish. We used him also to take us to get a brazil stamp, haha then we find out what he was pointing at it was Brazil it´s right across the road like 2 main roads next eachother with a little island in between them haha no fence it´s just across the road.

After getting our stamp he takes us to the bus terminal where we arrived in time for siester time so we couldnt get a ticket we had to wait for an hour. While waiting we both coming up with plans because lonely planet says tickets to bonito at 6 am only. So go to Campo Grande then down from there or we sleep in the bus station the whole night then get early bus. While contimplating that a lady about 36 or 37 came up and tried to speak with us in Portugues, lucky Chris learnt that language. Ok well he didnt so we sat with our little book trying to get what she was saying. Where you from, and where is your wife? haha no we are not married. After siester we managed to get across where we wanted to go and the wrote out a whole time table and cost for us, 16:00 next bus leaves to Bela Vista then from there next bus to Jardim at 00:30 then to Bonito at 5:00 all connecting busses. So we had 3 hours to kill till the bus, ey doing good time. We went for a lunch said hola! and discribed bife so they came out with a frigen huge chow (a really big lunch) ok compùter freaking out will continue next time before a loose this.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb