Bonito here we come!!!!


Advertisement
South America
May 20th 2009
Published: July 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we have got the times and our ticket to Bela vista, after a huge lunch we got back to the terminal where we took the bus to Bela Vista.

Getting to Bela Vista 10pm we had another 2 and a half hours to wait for the next bus leaving at 00:30 Chris and I played uno its a card game, then played hakie sackie(a little jugling ball that you kick to each other) ok that was 1 hour. Then the next hour I slept while chris kept chips(He watched the bags so no one stole it) I woke in time for 30 minutes till the next bus.

We jumped on the next bus to Jardim, both of us passing out on the bus and only waking up just in time for us to jump off. I said to Chris, wake up bru I think we here. So we jumped off at 3 am so 2 more hours to wait, got a really strong coffee the best I have tasted in South America. It was my turn to keep chips ( watch the bags) while Chris slept, I managed the 2 hours by walking in the cold, o yes it was freezing cold. Also looking in the trusty Lonely Planet which I have grown to hate even more than when I bought it. Found the cheapest hostel to go to in Bonito, because for South Africans Brasil and the rest of South America is really expensive.

Ok so the bus arrived at 6am in Bonito and all we wanted was a bed, Right across the road was a Posada, a hostal. A really nice old lady with some rooms. Our room consisted of 2 beds and a fan. The shower and the toilet down the passage, COLD WATER. So we passed out and woke up for some lunch. O and Chris and I between ourselves can speak no Portugues, but we manage to get by. Getting up in time for luch we headed out to explore the town of Bonito, and the side we saw we didnt like, but the further we walked the more we liked.

On the main street, we found it was so touristy, public phones had birds and fish molded arounded it. 1 phone was a tucan, and a jaguar so we decided to walk to the plaza, while poping into some travel agencies. We found a few that couldnt speak english, at the plaza we found a spot and walked in where the guy behind the desk spoke english, we just melted into the chairs and were sold. So after a good salesman we ended up doing 2 tours instead of one, we thought well we only here once lets do it.

So we booked the Blue Cave and snorkelling in one of the rivers, with alot of fish. While Willian our salesman was showing us pictures of the river he came across a picture of an alligator, he just said ¨dont worry about that, I almost fell out my chair. Then Chris was like o kif (cool ) so cool lets do it. The rest of the day we just shopped around for some food, the next day was the blue cave. Willian also said we could join him for swimming at the municiple river, so we were in!!!

Advertisement



6th July 2009

1 st of June
This was the 1st of June, mistake

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1015.5kb