Hola


Advertisement
South America
August 11th 2007
Published: August 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone

We thought we´d update you all on what we´ve been up to recently.
Last time we´d just arrived in Foz do Iguacu, the Brazillian town nearect the falls, we both thought it was a really strange place (perhaps a bit inbred!). Despite an ant invasion (which forced us to change rooms!) the hotel was very clean and comfortable. During our stay in Foz do Iguacu we visited the Iguacu falls on both the Brazilian and Argentine sides. The falls were absolutely spectacular and well worth visiting! We also did the 'Macucu safari´, ecological tour of the national park and also paid a visit to the bird park which inhabited some killer Macaws (we didn´t realise they were that big!).

Next stop was a 10 hour bus ride to Curitiba, it was lovely city and felt very european. Curitiba classed as one of Brazil´s urban success stories for its ecological friendliness! Whilst in Curitiba we took the Serra Verde train to Paranguai on the Brazilian east coast. This was an exciting train ride through the hills (even though it was misty meaning we could hardly see anything!). It was only afterward we found out that locally it´s known as the "train of death"!That night we went to a good German bar back in Curitiba and had a few good beers!

The following day was our delayed flight to Montevideo, Uruguay. Despite some initial language difficulties at the airport (David struggled with the concept of putting toothpaste in a clear plastic bag!!) we arrived there safely. Montevideo was fantastic, we both loved it! Lots of neoclassical architecture and the city, again had a real European feel about it. It was also small enough for us to walk around. Uruguay was ridiculously cheap. This of course meant a shopping spree and getting drunk! Whilst in Uruguay we paid a 'hungover´visit to Punta del Este on the Uruguayan east coast. It is known as the 'St Tropez´of South America and we both could easily see why. The place was absolutely beautiful with all these amazing holiday homes which rich Argentine and Brazilians owned overlooking the sea. We walked all the way around the bay with one side overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and the other the Rio de la Plata.

The next day we took the 1 hour ferry from Colonia del Sacramento on the west coast of Uruguay to Buenos Aires which is where we are right now. Buenos Aires is a beautiful city, so cosmopolitan and full of neoclassical buildings. We arrived in the evening and the main avenue was fantasically lit up. The driving does leave a bit to be desired and so far we´ve had to cling onto our seats a few times while cab drivers weave in and out. Apparentaly they don´t use lanes and a horn is vital! So far we have taken in the sights of the city and been clubbing from 2am onwards. We have got a tango show to look forward to along with lessons!!!! Also taking in a Boca Juniors football match which is supposed to be something else!

Lots of Love
Vicky and David xxx

Advertisement



13th August 2007

HIYA - GREAT TO HEAR
Hi both of you. Yvonne here on behalf of all at Fabricom we are glad you are having a wonderful time. We are missing you Vicky, but that is through jealousy!!!! Take care and keep blogging! Love us all xx
13th August 2007

Sounds like your having a great time, we're both dead jealous - I can't bloody wait to see the pictures of coochy taking tango lessons!!!! We are top of the league! Keep having fun missing you both Love Mark and Sarah
14th August 2007

Wait til u get to sydney me and the lads will show u culture-howay the toon!!Chedds
21st August 2007

Hello
Hi Yvonne Gald to hear everyone is keeping well, our last day in S America tommorrow, can´t believe its gone so fast! Looking forward to some sun in sydney... hopefully! Will send you a postcard from there! x

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb