Greetings


Advertisement
Antarctica » Temp
July 31st 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone

Hope you are all doing well. We´ve been in Brazil for a week now and thought we´d update our blog to let you all know what we´ve been up to.

We arrived in Rio de Janiero last Tuesday 2 hours later than scheduled as our flight was diverted to Rio rather than landing at Sao Paulo before heading on to Rio. This mean´t that we had to stay on the plane from Rio to Sao Paulo before heading back to Sao Paulo. Confusing? Yes. Crazy? Absolutely! What a nightmare!!

In Rio we´ve been to the 'Corcovado´ (the statue of Christ that overlooks the entire city) which was amzing. We´ve also been to Sugar Loaf Mountain, Copacabana and Ipanema beaches and the Maracana national football stadium (had to be done!). We also did a 'favela´tour which was a real eye opener! The poverty was something we´ve never witnessed before but the tour was probably the best thing that we did in Rio even taking into account one of the man made wonders in the world. It was fantastic and we learned so much by going on the tour! Overall we both really enjoyed Rio. It is a fantastic city!

Next stop was a 6 hr bus journey to Sao Paulo on Sunday from Rio. Not a great deal to say about Sao Paulo in general. It´s absolutely huge (one of the biggest mteropolises in the world apparently!) as it inhabits about 20 million people. The city was far more commercial than Rio with sky scrapers everywhere! We spent just 1 night in Sao Paulo before boarding a 15 hr bus ride last night to the Iguacu Falls. Thats where we are now both tired from the journey but glad we are here. Spending 3 nights here seeing the falls from both ther Brazilian and Argentinian sides. Next stop after that is Curitiba in Brazil.

Will update you all very soon

Lots of love

David and Vicky xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb