Day 251 Argentina, Buenos Aries to Uruguay, Colonia.


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Family and Friends,



Today we were leaving for Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay by ferry. We bought the ticket in the week for about £50 return as it was cheaper to come back to BA and then take a bus up to Iguassu, instead of taking the bus to Salto and then to Iguassu.



Pablo and Romi kindly offered to drop us off at the ferry terminal at 7am (they are so kind!) the trains do run at this time, but as it was dark they said it would have been unsafe. As we drove through the city at 6.30am, the nightclubs were still busy with people coming out and even people still queuing to get in some places!!!!! Literally a city that never sleeps!



We arrived at the terminal an hour before the ferry departed in order to go through Argentinian emigration and Uruguayan immigration. More stamps in our passports, which is running out of pages now. The ferry was only an hour, and was all on time. When we arrived, we walked the short two blocks to Hostel el Español, which we had booked in the week. It’s a lovely hostel but fairly expensive for our budget but unfortunately it’s the cheapest in the town.



That day we walked around the quaint town of cobbled streets that comprised of restaurants, cafes, parks, art shops and views across the water (Rio de la Plata).



We ate out for tea, but as this is a local’s tourist hotspot it was quite expensive. Our hostel is so quiet, so we watched a film called ‘Hot Pursuit’…it was awful!!! We also had amazing Wi-Fi here, so Neil downloaded loads of new films and music, and we both called family. (My Gramp had another stint back in hospital L)





Love V&N xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb