Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
July 19th 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Lima quite late, that evening we went to larco mar plaza for dinner and drinks and went to a club. Was a really good night drank quite a lot. Was a big club and I managed to lose Helen in it, stupidly I didnt have my phone, money or any clue where we were staying! Not the brightest spark! But thankfully I found Helen and Stuart waiting for me outside so all was well as Stuart knew where we were staying.

The following day me, Hlen, Srah and Edwina went to the centre of Lima. We saw the presidents house there were a lot of people watching what was going on and this guy came out of the house. Later we found out that that was the president, so I guess we have now seen the president of Peru!

Me, Helen and Sarah spent most of the day just looking around the shops and stalls. Edwina was more cultural and took a guided tour of the catherdral.

That evening me and Helen were so sad to be leaving Peru we really didnt want to go! We had to get our flight that evening so went to the airport, but when we went to check in we were told that our flight wasnt until tomorrow! Ok we did feel a bit stupid and made a sharp exit away from the check in que, but in some ways we were pleased that we got to stay for a bit more time!

The next day we went to a shopping mall in Lima and watched Hancock which had spanish subtitles, we thought that it might help us with learning a bit more spanish but we werent all that successful with that and we still only know a few words!

We did get our flight right that evening and headed on our way to Santiago Chile.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb