Seattle to Houston to Lima...in just 20 short hours!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
September 13th 2013
Published: September 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Okay, this is the boring post that covers the travel day. Gotta be done...if only to see if this thing's working! Next days are written, but we're about to head out for adventures, so posted later tonight. Many, many more pics to come!

Seattle to Houston


• Left home at 3:30a.m., flight from Sea delayed to 7:30a.m., flight uneventful - mostly slept - watched new "Sleepy Hollow" tv show for free.
• Baggage issue in Houston, had to run out to baggage claim, grab it, recheck to Lima and get back through security. Made it to the gate just in the nick of time!
• Still, had time to call mom and then Katie while boarding. Gotta make sure someone knows what's going on at all times! Super excited for the trip and nervous about the group dynamic and overall ready for a nice long break from day-to-day life!



Houston to Lima


• Didn't check in w/E&A hosts (didn't have directions, didn't see them, was talking to my mom), called to front of plane! (a little worrisome), and then bonding with seatmates, who were both part of my group.
• Personal seatback electronics: games, movies, tv shows, trivia, flight map.
• Served multiple drinks, hot dinner (ok), sandwich an hour before landing. United ain't so bad.
• Flight attendants kinda cranky, but it was funny to us (is that wrong?).
• Hour bus ride to the hotel, finally in room around 1a.m. Roommate delayed (she missed her flight!) so had a private room. Open window onto the street that bothered some folks but I loved it. Also had a wall a/c (Japanese style) that provided much needed air flow. Comfy bed, happy girl.
• Hot shower, clean clothes, online check-ins and lights out around 2a.m.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb