Coming to an End


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima » Lima » Lima
December 1st 2009
Published: December 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, that sure was a wirlwind trip. I can't believe it;s pretty much over, one more day to play around in Lima before a midnight trip to the airport.
I spent the past few days in Puerto Maldonado, a little ramshackle and hectic jungle town in the south east of peru. It was sure nice to be back in the rainforest, forgot how damn hot it is in there, three showers a day and you still felt gross.
I did a couple day trips into some of the reserves along the river. Saw among other things, way more monkeys than I thought, they were everywhere, big and small, some of them even started throwing stuff at us from the trees. We went fishing for pirhanna's and managed to collect enough for a nice lunch, and then went swimming in the same 90 degree lake we got the pirhanna's from. A few hours of the first day was spent hiking through some old growth forest, playing around on the giant trees and swinging like tarzan on the 100 foot long roots hanging down from the canopy..Yeehaw.
Other than that, it was sure nice to have a few days to take it easy from the hectic schedule i was on.
So, I guess that's it for this trip. Gonna run around lima and do some shopping today, a little bit hung over from last nights revelry, but nothing a couple coffee's won't fix.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb