news from pisco....please read now (very short)


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Pisco
January 4th 2008
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

have you heard the latest...we are shutting down the project early. the 12th of jan will be the last day due to all the crime and general uncertainty here in pisco. robberies and theft continue to be a problem and a threat to all the volunteers, escalated of course with the holidays, but the last thing we want is for someone to get seriously injured. bummer it has to end this way.

david campbell the executive director of hands on came yesterday, and by chance two incidences happened while he was in meetings trying to figure out the best way we could keep the project open until the end. welcome back, david! it was enough for him to see in person how bad it is getting here in pisco.

hope the new year is getting off to a better start for all the rest of you NOT in pisco....and for the few of you on vacation at the moment, you may want to head back here to see the project close its doors.

thought you would all like to be kept in the know.

oh, i just booked my flight to bangladesh leaving the east coast of the states at the end of january.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.5kb