Hucachina - Love it!!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ica » Huacachina
October 22nd 2007
Published: October 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Only a 4 hour journey this time. Arrived in Ica but we were not staying there. Got a taxi to Huacachina which is 5 minutes away. Absolutely beautiful. Its a tiny oasis in the middle of the desert and sand dunes.

We were only due to stay one night but it was so chilled and relaxing there so wanted to stay for 2 but ended up staying for 3 because there were no buses on sundays.

Settled in and then went sand boarding in the dunes in the afternoon. Nik and I loved it - such an adrenaline rush. Really scary at first but so cool, the dunes just kept getting steeper. Everytime we moved to another sand dune we would be driven in the boogy buggy and it was so scary but complete adrenalin rush. Our driver was crazy and everytime you feel like your going to roll it but we couldnt stop laughing anyway. If that was the death of me then just know I would have been happy, he he.

As the sun was going down we had to stop because it gets so cold up there at night. Forgot to say its boiling in the day but really cold at night. We watched the sunset which was again beautiful. I think this is the most beautiful place I have been to on the mainland so far (cant compare the galapagos).

Went for dinner that night, chilled out the next day around the lake just sunbathing. That night we got back and sat on our balcony (dont get too excited - its not as luxury as it sounds). Anyway, this american-peruvian guy came and spoke to us and we were saying that the nights are very dead here. He said we could come to the nightclub with him and his friends if we wanted so we said yes. Stayed at the hostel for ages and they bought us all our drink. I was drinking BEER (not like me) and we both tried Pisco straight as it is supposed to be drank (shots). They weren´t too bad, better than tequila anyway.

Went to the night club in Ica (the only one) and it wasnt bad actually. Like any night club abroad. Had a really good night and didnt buy any drinks all night. Only difference was you have to get a ticket for your drinks from one place then take your ticket to the bar. Drank plenty and danced loads, felt like we hadnt danced in ages so was cool.

Woke up the next day and we both felt rough. Feels like we havent drank that much in ages. Had lunch and then chilled for the rest of the day by the lake again.

Chilled out last night and we leave today at 6pm for Cusco. Hoping to book the Inca trail but some people have said you have to book weeks in advance. Fingers crossed for us. Then Macchu Picchu, cant wait!!

Catch you later x x



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb