Cusco, Peru, so so . . .


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
November 5th 2007
Published: November 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,

Sorry I havent written in ages but find it really boring writing when I could be out having a good time.

Anyway, before we left for cusco last time we went back to the hostel and the manager offered a good deal on a trek to machu picchu. It wasn´t the inca trail but decided thats so over rated now that our trek woud be better.

Left for cusco, probably the best journey yet apart from it was like a roller coaster ride as we were sat at the front at the top of a double decker bus. These bus drivers are loopy and dont seem to take corners of cliffs as slowly as one would like.

By the way can´t remember if I told you last time that the taxi driver in huacachina had a massive row with Nikita when I was getting money from the bank. He was arguing the set price we decided but I had no idea about this as he said nothing to me when I was there and I didnt know anything until he dropped us off and nik told me. What an arsehole using bully tactics on our lovely Nikita!!
Dont know why Im telling you now but I just remembered. Dont worry though we didnt give in we paid him the price we agreed. WE ARE NOT INGLES CHICAS THAT ARE PUSH OVERS.

Where was I . . . Got to cusco at the correct time and a woman was supposed to be waiting for us as part of our deal on the trek. However, the dumb arse got the times mixed up (bit suss to us) so we got a taxi to her hostel instead. Spoke to her on the phone and she apologised then bargained the cost of the room and we decided to stay there for the two nights before the trek.

Slept all night apart from popping out for a quick something to eat. Next day we still didnt do much apart from shòp for hats, gloves and anything else that would keep us warm on the trek. Plazaz were pretty but cusco is quite touristy.

Had dinner that night but service was crap and it felt like forever to het our food. Then we had an early one as we were getting picked up for 4am.

Sorry about the boring blog, cant remember much and the first 2 days in cusco were not that exciting.

Loving the next blog though x x



Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.9kb