The Sacred Valley


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Pisac
July 8th 2011
Published: July 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello everybody!

I’m sorry that we haven’t written the blog in a while but we’ve been extremely busy and haven’t had the time to desperately search for an internet connection!

Currently we are in Urubamba in Peru. Soon we will be visiting Machu Pichu, but right now we are taking 4 hour Spanish lessons in the mornings, and then going for excursions in the afternoon. Yesterday after our Spanish lessons and lunch, we went to Ollantaytambo, an Inca site. It was breathtaking and had really cool layers cut into the mountain called Andenes. We got an interesting idea of Inca architecture, and were really amazed at how advanced in design they were, for example the clever yet beautiful water system. If this was only a fraction of what Machu Pichu is said to be, then we are really looking forward to it!

Today we had another brilliant Spanish class. As for the setup, this is how the lessons are organised: one teacher for Mom and Dad, one for Alicja and Emma, and one for Patrick and Tosia. We have 4 hours of pretty intense Spanish a day, in which all of the time no English is spoken! Then after our lesson we took a long walk and had lunch at an awesome place with Alpacas and Parrots!!! After, we took taxis back to the hotel which is a cosy house, nicely furnished with a fireplace. We all had showers, and since some of us are having problems with the altitude we took it easy, doing Spanish homework and reading. Now we are about to have dinner prepared by our amazing cook, Berta, so we will write another blog soon.
Hasta Luego!
-The Lost Tribe



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb