Peru and Machu Picchu Pics


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
June 8th 2005
Published: June 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Yea! Finally some pics of my trip to Peru and Bolivia. The program ends 4 weeks from this coming saturday, so things are getting pretty sad around here and busy...with finals coming up! That of course DOESNT stop the students from having their, pretty much, weekly protests! Im glad Im graduating cause it would be depressing going back to college in the states where classes are never cancelled for days at a time because of protests!
ps..there will be 2 new listings. this one is for Peru (lima, cuzco and aguas calientes) and Machu Picchu. The next is for Lake Titicaca and Bolivia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Hojas de CocaHojas de Coca
Hojas de Coca

We bought a huge bag of coca leaves for like a buck and had to try it out. It made my mouth o superrrr numb but definitely helps with the altitude!
San PedroSan Pedro
San Pedro

We also got this cactus juice....umm..more details later on that. But here is Marc tryin it out!
Peruvian BoyPeruvian Boy
Peruvian Boy

The children try to sell these finger puppets to the tourists in Cuzco. But with a smile like that who can resist! (actually I feel bad but I did!)
Peruvian ChildrenPeruvian Children
Peruvian Children

Carolyn and I ran into these two girls with their puppies. The majority of the people in Cuzco wear their native dress....very warm clothing!
CuzcoCuzco
Cuzco

The city of Cuzco, once shaped in that of a Puma (important to the Incans!)
Church in CuzcoChurch in Cuzco
Church in Cuzco

At the heart of the city, we happened to be there the day the Pope died so the bells were ringing all day!
Famous Calle!Famous Calle!
Famous Calle!

This street is famous cause the right side was built by the Incas and the left by the conquistadores!
Famous piedraFamous piedra
Famous piedra

This rock is famous cause of its 12 angles!
Aguas CalientesAguas Calientes
Aguas Calientes

Wanna go to Machu Picchu? Well...you have to take a train from Cuzco to Aguas Calientes, at the heart of Machu Picchu...what should you do? Well we ate...4 course meals for about 3 bucks! (No seriously there is nothing to do there but eat...so be ready!)
La entradaLa entrada
La entrada

Entrance into the park..it was sooo gloomy and mysterious with all that fog!
Dedication signDedication sign
Dedication sign

The plaque that was placed to show the discovery of Machu Picchu!
Machu PicchuMachu Picchu
Machu Picchu

Be ready..there are a lot. All soo amazing though...throughout the morning it was foogy and then sunny and then more fog..and then..well you get the idea!


11th January 2006

Good picks
9th April 2006

Good Pic
Well me being Peruvian i have to say those r nice pics. And me being to MP before it reminds me of how nice it is. Anyways just leaving a comment.
8th September 2006

hey nice pics
thanks for putting up pics of Machupichu. I am Peruvian and will be taking my lovely gringo husband there, i can't wait!! see ya saludos

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0928s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb