Our arrival


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Ayacucho
August 14th 2005
Published: August 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hola amigos!

We arrived in Ayacucho at 7 am. We weren´t sure if they were going to let us on the plane because we had exceeded the weight limit by 15kilos/person. Que Lastima! Apparently it said that we could only take 10kilos/person on our ticket, but we didn´t receive our ticket until we got to the ticket counter. Oh well, we had to pay some extra money to get all of our things to Ayacucho.

When we arrived at the house the program director was not there. He had to fly to Lima with one of the volunteers because she had appendicitis. We also met anoher girl that was on the couch with appendicitis! This was a bit of a scary welcome. Later in the day, she was being flown to Lima for surgery(apparently the doctor would not Ok either girl for travel to the states!!)

Tracy and I were so exhausted that we just went to our room and unpacked. I read and slept for most of the day. I´m still reading The Kite Runner. It is so timely. I´m loving it.

We met some of our fellow volunteers throughout the day when we managed to get up. Everyone seems so nice. Can´t wait to start tomorrow! Tenga bon noche.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb