The Beauty of Creation


Advertisement
Paraguay's flag
South America » Paraguay » Concepcion
October 19th 2007
Published: October 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As an English person I am somewhat trained to hate the rain. I mean we certainly get more than our fair share of it. However here, in a city that hasn't seen rain in 5 months, where the air is so full of dust that the sun is bright red as it sets because you're seeing it through all that muck, were you can't see half way down the road in front of you because it looks all foggy, here, rain is good. Rain is very, very good. Yesterday it rained all day. And I mean all day. It was beautiful. Claire and I went out for a meal at lunchtime to celebrate the fact that it was raining, and then for a walk in the evening to enjoy it. The roads are so very much fun today, they are essentially just mud, or clay even. Most of the roads aren't paved, they're just dirt roads and now they are just bright orange mud. I really will have to take a photo because I mean bright orange. It's lots and lots of fun going through all the puddles in the camionetta!

Anyway, the main reason for this post was to show you some photos. Just before it got dark, it stopped raining and as the sun set the sky went the most incredibly beautiful set of colours I have ever seen. It was blue and yellow and pink and purple. I was completely and utterly bowled over by the beauty of God's creation, and was completely speachless for a good long while. I managed to take some photos, and with a little bit of help from our good friend Photoshop, have managed to make the photos look the way the sky really did look last night. (You know how when you try and take photos of pretty sky the colours always just look so much duller than they look to your eyes? Well I fixed that on the plooter.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb