Mmm mosquitos...!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » West » General Villamil
April 20th 2007
Published: April 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, last week was boring, and everyone is still ill so i´m not even going to write about it! However, by the weekend, we were all feeling sufficiently better to go for some chilling at the beach!! Off we set from the bus terminal at 1, in the hope of getting to Playas (yes, Beach) by 7...it was more like 8, but we got there a little sticky, but safe and sound. Found a nice cheap hostal right on the beach, dumped our stuff and went for some food! Very chilled night with a bit of beach walking and some Nick Drake to send us to sleep! Also, a very odd convo with Garland about English magazines..! Mat was very confused..lol.

Saturday was beach day, and after a lovely lie in we set off, fully creamed up and ready to go. We found a nice spot in the middle and set up for the day! Jack unfortuantely wasn´t with us as he had his inorgaration into his footy team on Sunday! We spent lots of time chilling, reading, swimming and then Kat and Bel built THE best sandcastle I´ve ever seen, even after all my years on the IOW! A 2pm magnumkept us going all day until the beautiful sunset behind the point. Lovely. And not burnt!! Managed to find dinner for $1.50, all inc.! Awesome!

Despite being bitten to death during the night (don´t worry mum, I´m not going to get malaria) we got up at 8 and went down for an early morning swim before setting off back home..ended up staying for 2 hours and getting more red between us than the whole day on Sat! Fine though, only red for Sunday and then it went brown..! $2 lunch at the hostal and then back on the road for the 6 hour ride back. The worst part being Guyaquil, which is a hell hole of pollution and humidity!! Lovely! Perfect weekend, that made all ill folk (i.e. all of us!) Mucho mejor! Chevere!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb