Ecuador


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
December 15th 2014
Published: December 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Tababela - Day 22



Breakfast was included in our stay at the hostel. Very friendly and accommodating place. They later gave us a a ride to the bus station. Tonight we stay in Tababela, a small town close to the airport. We leave for home at 7am tomorrow. The time has gone quickly. We decided to avoid the traffic and buses in Quito, and go around the east side of Quito, from Otavalo to Cayambe to El Quinche to Tababela.



We found the buses quickly from Otavalo to Cayambe, and from Cayambe to El Quinche.

A few minor problems asking for directions to the bus stop in Cayambe. People gave us conflicting directions, but we finally got settled on the bus. On the way we saw a beautiful view of snow-covered Mount Cayambe (5790M high). It is just a few miles from the equator so the snow seemed strange.



Finding a bus from El Quinche to Tababela caused a few problems. We asked a man and woman on the corner, as well as two policemen, and they all said there is no bus from El Quinche to Tababela. We were on the Panamerican Highway, so that seemed strange. The man on the corner offered to drive us there for $7 (probably what a taxi would charge). He was very nice, although we couldn't understand everything he said. So, we hopped in this stranger's truck and off we went. I was a little nervous, but Bob thought it was fine, and I had him to protect me! The nice man took us right to the gate of the hostel with no problems.



The hostel, Hosteleria San Carlos Tababela, is beautiful, one of the nicest hotel yet. We have a private balcony overlooking a lovely back yard with lots of flowers. There is also a swimming pool with a slide if we are so inclined! We took a walk around the grounds, and we were joined by Bruno, the very friendly resident sheepdog. This is the second hostel with sheepdogs.



We finished the day with a good chicken dinner at the hostel. And we're home tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb