Ecuador


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Minnesota » Minnetonka
December 18th 2014
Published: December 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Back home, safe and sound! We really had a good time on our adventure. Thanks to those of you who followed with us, and thanks to those who left comments. Always fun to hear from friends at home.

We put some videos on dropbox. They may take a few minutes to load.

The first is from Devil's Cauldron in Banos. There is not that much water but it falls so far and you are so close to it, it is impressive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ux54v7xpog3u6u9/Devil%!s(MISSING)%!C(MISSING)auldron.MOV?dl=0

The second is the hummingbirds in Mindo. The hummingbirds are so quick it seems like the video is in fast motion. This is one of about six feeders that have the same action and birds change weekly. I don't know why there are different birds at different times as the climate doesn't change much but I wish we could be there in March or April when there are a lot more birds.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kqr8u626orrnj3/Hummingbirds.MOV?dl=0

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Advertisement



27th December 2014

Loved your blog
We just returned from a 5 week trip to Ecuador, staying in hostels and traveling by bus like you. (We are also retired trying to stay on a $100/day budget for the 2 of us). We plan to go back again next year to see more of Cuenca and more beach towns. I appreciated your hotel and restaurant suggestions and have copied them for when we return. Just to let you know there is a "short-cut" bus between Otavalo and Mindo, via a newly paved and spectacularly scenic road, which end at Mitad del Mundo monument where you catch another bus on to Mindo. You don't have to go all the way back to Quito to get to Mindo. Also you can get directly from Otavalo to Tababela by Cita Express Bus line. It runs ever 1-1/2 hour and you catch it on the Highway a few blocks from the Otavalo Terminal. If you get on it in Ibarra where it originates you are guaranteed a seat. If you want to read my trip report you can find it in 3 parts on tripadvisor.com Ecuador Forum, Nov. 27, Dec. 12 and Dec. 14. Maybe next time I'll try writing a blog. I sure enjoyed yours!
30th December 2014

Thanks!
Glad you enjoyed the blog. Thanks for taking the time to comment. I sent an email but not sure if it got to you. Enjoy your trip to Ecuador next year!

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0903s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb