Ecuador Banos


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Baños
November 13th 2008
Published: November 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Banos was a really great place for the tour to stop off in and we spent 3 nights camping just outside the main town.
On Day 1 we arrived in the late afternoon and set up camp however i was delayed in town because of Stefano and was late back to cook group so I wasnt very popular. Later that evening we got on the beers and more acturately a huge massive bottle of rum which cost like 10 GBP...WE WERE WASTED!
On Day 2 I woke late for cook group so the rest of the tour wasnt too impressed as that was 2 meals in a row I was late for but they were okay after they saw the hangover I had from the Rum. Stefano myself and Sanjay rolled back the years and played a game of Ludo to pass the time until the afternoon when we went canoying which was a group of 8 of us went walking through a river and jumping off rivers banks into the river from heights of up to 8m which was totally awesome!!!
On Day 3 we all headed into Banos town on the local bus and hired mountain bikes and set off on our trip downhill back to our camp. We stopped along the way for photos, meat from the street and a cable car ride over a river.
Later that evening the pack and a few more from the tour headed back into Banos town for a Friday night party. We hit 3 bars that night including a Hard Rock Cafe type place where Sanjay and I (from England) took on the locals to a game of pool and table football against 2 locals who were still bitter from the World Cup defeat a few years earlier...I need not say it but the English finished top of the pile again, I thank you! The final bar we hit was a club with outside garden and huge open fire which was great.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb