Some cool air please?


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Santa Marta
May 3rd 2019
Published: May 3rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

After 7 days straight in baking hot temperature, it was time for a relief!

We took the road. From Tayrona, we headed to Santa Marta, and then , took small road to Minca.

You're going up all the way. At some point there are a couple of very tight 180 degrees curve so watch yourself!

Minca is a very small city but it's quite compact. There are many accommodations but for peace and quiet, choose one out of the village.

i chose one on Cerro Kennedy road named "tierra adentro private reserve". It's advertised as having free parking, but the road to get there are really really rough! I made 85% of the small road but had to abandoned and return to Minca. There, I parked my car in a private parking and took a jeep taxi. The last leg of the road is so rough that even with a 4X4, you get some doubts...



The hotel itself is in the form of several small cottages all separated by gardens and hills. Very nice. There are many domesticated animals on the grounds: chicken, geese, peacocks,etc....

You can see hummingbirds everywhere and it's a very good spot overall for bird watching. Trails originate from hotel and pass through farms, forest, coffee plantations,etc....

Note that trails are very steep so you need to be in shape! Combination of forests and farms is not ideal for shy animals, because of the ever annoying barking dogs!! But it's a very relaxing place anyway. :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement





Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb