Top Ten Cities


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Medellin
July 21st 2022
Published: July 21st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Time Out’s top 10 cities of the world:
Edinburgh, Scotland I think a revisit is in order, since I was golfing most of the time on my previous visit.Chicago One of my favorite US cities, great food, music, easy to navigate, Wrigley, Mag Mile.Medellin, Colombia Very interesting, with great food, interesting neighborhoods. But too highly rated!Glasgow, Scotland I plan to go back, soon!Amsterdam One my favorite EU cities, always interesting, edgy, great museums, interesting food.Prague Too many tourists for me. Good food and beer.Marrakech, Morocco I have been to Tangiers, and I would not return to Morocco.Berlin Another edgy, interesting city with great landmarks, food, and history.

Montreal Feels like France without the bullsh*t, great food, nice people<li style="font-size: 11pt; line-height: 28px; margin: 10px 0px;">Copenhagen Never been, but perhaps worth a try?

The U.S. dollar and the euro are now practically on par, which means that Europe is 15%!m(MISSING)ore affordable than it was this same time last year. That’s fantastic news for Americans whose USD suddenly goes a lot further in 19 countries. Thanks to the Mekong River, the Tonle Sap is the only river that reverses course during the year. May brings the first downpours of monsoon season. When the Mekong levels rise, they force water back into the flood basin. The Tonle Sap River water then overflows and spills backward towards the lake. This annual influx of water creates currents that run in one direction in the dry season and the opposite in the wet season. The seasonal switch has made this area of Cambodia one of the most prolific, successful fisheries in the entire world. I was also told that the Couer d'Alene River also flows both ways.

Three Asian countries topped out this year’s list of the most powerful passports in the world according to the 2022 Henley passport power index. Ironically, the three countries are the least likely to use them thanks to lingering Covid restrictions.
<br style="color: #201f1e; font-family: arial, 'helvetica neue', helvetica, sans-serif, serif, EmojiFont; font-size: 15px;" />
Japan came in first, followed by South Korea and Singapore, while at the bottom of the list, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria are the least valuable passports to have. And who would go to those three war torn countries right now?

The United States came in joint seventh, with visa-free or visa-free on arrival access to 186 destinations across the world, tying with Norway, Switzerland, Belgium, and New Zealand. European counties dominate the top ten after the top three.

Interestingly, Russia remains high on the list despite sanctions currently placed on the country, preventing many of its citizens from traveling. The passport power index only ranks passport accessibility, which has technically not been affected by the sanctions. In reality, who would go to Russia now?



Now, don't you feel like getting on a plane this Fall and head somewhere fun? I am thinking Portugal, or some of the Balkans.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb