Downtown Bogota


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Bogota
February 10th 2007
Published: February 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Downtown Bogota Downtown Bogota Downtown Bogota

A quick shot as i try not to look to conspicous with my camera, map and blond hair... hmmm
This was supposed to be an entry on downtown Bogota, but unfortunately i managed to lose all the photos ...

So we will now cut to a day out at the finca ... an amazing farm house about 2 hours drive from Bogota. I went with my volunteer friend Ben and the extended family of the family he is staying with. It was amazing ... a 5 hour BBQ with a lovely Colombian family and all the aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins etc etc etc! A real family gathering! The farm was set in the mountains, with amazing views, blue skies and scorching sun. Unfortunately I also managed to lose most of those photos, so attached are the final four i managed to salvage, but at least you can check out the views, but unfortunately none of the people!

On the way back to Bogota that evening we drove through a small town which was like stepping back into the Wild Wild West ... everywhere you looked were cowboys on horseback wearing ponchos. I was expecting Billy the Kid to step out of the saloon (well the kind of bar on the street were they were all drinking while still
The TransmilenoThe TransmilenoThe Transmileno

Bogota´s new and much plaudited new transport system, which is in essence an overground metro and allegedly is based on the Tube, although the only comparisons i can make is that one comes every few minutes, it is always packed to the rafters and everyone pushes and shoves their way on and off the buses. I have to commute on it for 2 hours everyday ... and I hate itl!
sat on horseback) at any second. I didnt take any photos cause they were all a bit intimidating, but then if i had i would have probably lost them!

Oh well! Next entry is a night out at the Mariachis ... will try not to lose these photos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

La CandelariaLa Candelaria
La Candelaria

Ok, this is he centre of Bogota, with lots of nice little streets, the mountains in the background and an awesome vegetarian restaurant which has saved my life!!
Me & the mountainsMe & the mountains
Me & the mountains

Very content after a 5hour Colombian BBQ where we sampled lots of traditional foods... Arepas (cornbread), massive corn on the cobs, plantains, meat,meat and meat (i skipped that course), obleas (an amazing dessert, kind of like two wafers with caramel in the middle), mucha cerveza and of course no social occassion is complete without Arguadiente, the lethal Colombian national drink ... a bit like Ouzo ... but worse!
Me & Ben looking serious Me & Ben looking serious
Me & Ben looking serious

Seriously full ... and tired after such a great day


3rd March 2007

hola peepa
hola lady , what a surprise to see you there , i just knew this web ste yesterday , enjoy a lot bogota and good work with your blog francky the frenshy from la national kiss

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb