walking tour of Santiago police stations


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
January 5th 2015
Published: January 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

DSCN0701DSCN0701DSCN0701

shelly at the station
Our first day in Chile was an adventure. We slept in and had a breakfast then read for a bit before our guide came to take us on a walking tour of Santiago. It was warm but all was well. At the subway station we tried to get money out of the ATM but it wouldn’t let us – broke again. We get on the subway and made it about 3 stops when as the train was getting ready to leave the guy behind Shelly jumped off. The passengers then said to Shelly, he just took your wallet. It seems there was a pair working us (sure wish our guide had said something about being careful but she wasn’t being careful herself). The first of the pair was watching her open her purse to check something where the 2ndone got behind Shelly. Well, we get off at the next station and back track hoping to find the guys and to see if they had thrown the wallet away after grabbing the cash. No luck on either. She had credit cards, driver’s license and cash in it. Next was to the police station #1 and after waiting a few minutes the guide came back and said we needed to head to the hotel to get Shelly’s passport number. So off to the hotel, we called to cancel her cards… and get a copy of her passport and then off to the next police station. Here we got to file the report. After that, it was time for our tour to end so we all went to a restaurant and had a beer and an appetizer. Well we got to see a lot of Santiago, just not a lot of the important sites.



After showers and Shelly trying to make one other call, we headed out to eat a Peruvian restaurant near the hotel. The food was good but too much. We then looked for the Barcelona bar (our guide had suggested) but it was under new ownership and a restaurant. So we went back to the hotel and got a glass of wine and sat in the garden and talked with the German couple that was staying there. They had just come from the Atacama Desert – where we were going tomorrow. They loved it. We then went to the room and crashed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

DSCN0707DSCN0707
DSCN0707

wine cellar at the hotel
DSCN0704DSCN0704
DSCN0704

Peruvian dinner


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb