Santiago Birthday


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
July 24th 2011
Published: September 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We celebrated Emma's 12th birthday in great style in Santiago, Chile with dad's good friend Antonio and his family. Antonio and his son Stefano were so nice that they picked us up right at the airport and whisked us off through Santiago and up into the mountains on the outskirts of the city to Antonio's club. We had a delicious buffet lunch with Antonio's mom (who looks so much like grandma they could be sisters) and dad (84 years young) and their friends.

After lunch, we all looked around the amazing club which had everything: tennis, golf, horses, basketball, indoor and outdoor pools and, most amazing of all, canopying - where you fly through the air in a harness stapped to a wire - which we absolutely had to try. We all got ready in our harnesses and helmets - even Antonio's dad! - and then zipped back and forth across the valleys hundreds of feet up in the air screaming from fun and fright. It was great.

Afterwards, the kids all went swimming in the huge indoor pool and then Antonio took us all to a delicious Peruvian seafood restaurant for Emma's very fancy birthday dinner. Pat and Tosia were so exhausted from the day's fun that they both fell asleep within minutes of sitting down at the restaurant, but Pat is not a guy to miss a meal so made sure Alicja woke him up when the food came (and was glad he did!).

Thank you for a great day, Don Antonio!

We were in a big hurry to catch our plane the next morning but managed to find the time to stop by the cathedral of Santiago on the way to the airport and were lucky enough to be there for a beautiful ceremony marking the 500th anniversary of Christianity in Chile.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb