At the border


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos » Peulla
January 29th 2010
Published: January 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Next morning a trip over Lagos los Santos to Peulla. The mosquitos were sleeping and so was Misael. I was just in time to reach the boat with a retour ticket for 22.000 pesos which I would not use going to Bariloche.
On the boat I met Pablo who wanted to go to Puerto Bles on the same route ´Cruce Andino´. The boat left late. We arrived in Peulla a quarter to one. The village and the boats all are part of one company so everything is expensive. Nobody could tell us when the boat we had to take on the Argentinian side left. So we went on the bike in a very nice valley of the river of Peulla. The only bad thing about it all were the black flies. You will not find it in the folder. Peulla seems to be a centre of ´El Moscow´. While cycling terrible. They hit me in my legs but I hit some too. When we reached the Chilian contol at the border captain Jorge told us that we missed a stamp from the bureau in Peulla so we culd not go on. After some conversation they offered us to take us to the office in Peulla later and we could camp next to their office and use their bathroom. Very nice but I would not reach Bariloche. Pablo wanted to go to Argentina and go back to Petrohue so I decided to join him. In the evening we camped and cooked next to our friends of the policepost and the Glacier Turnador under a clear Chilian/Argentinian sky. After 20 km of cycling and a lot of mosquitos at the least the camping place was very nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb