Back to Puerto Varas


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
January 29th 2010
Published: January 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

In the morning it rained. Pablo was still in a good mood. It was the first time in his life that he cycled over a border. The glacier was out of sight in the clouds. Breakfast was rice with a taste of chicken and an energy bar. The road was very bad but the atmosphere was good and after 2 hours Pablo reached the Argentinian border on 1022m. Down to Lago Frias. At the Argentinian border we were wiser. We collected in one time the stamps for going in and out the country. Pablo made a nice picture with the Argentinian border control. We made new friends. A small shop in Rio Frias which accepted Chilean pesos but everything simple costs mille pesos. You some times get the feeling that if one sees a stranger it is popular just too calculate everything in an amount of mille pesos. Back to our friends on the Chilean side were we left our lugage. The road down was also bumpy. Jorge also was so good to take part of a goodbye picture. They wished us a nice journey. If even the border control and the police of a country is nice it must be a nice country. Going back to Peulla we were glad the weather was not that warm because of ´El Moscow´. Pablo and I were laughing about the ´kindergarten´activities which were organiseded for people of really all ages. At the office of the border control we had to collect a new stamp to come back into Chili. And a busload a people was standing there which were part of an official tour. I urged Pablo to ask for preference otherwise we would be hanging in Peulla for another day. I already started to hate the idea. The man recognised us so he was helpfull and we reached the katamaran back to Petrohue. I could ride back with Pablo to Puerto Varas. Osorno and Calbuco were still in clouds. We said goodbye because Pablo had to go back to Santiago. In the evening a nice youth orchestra with Piazolla´s Libertango and other great music. Only 42 km of biking.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



30th January 2010

Een helegoede thuisreis

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb