To Petrohue


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos
January 29th 2010
Published: January 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 26 januari. In the morning back to the repair man and the wheel looked good so at midday I headed for Petrohue. 81 km from Puerto Montt. The start was not nice. Coming into Puerto Varas it was better. A nice paved road along the southside of the Lago LLankuiwy at with the views on the vulcans of Osorno and Colpago. German settlements of long ago. Even some small parts of cyclepath along the road. The wheel was still not wright so I had to do some extra work to make it roll good. In fact a protection tape between the wheel and the tire was the problem. Because it was not connected wright. The outer tire made strange turns. I was glad to have find the problem because there was still some bad road to come. The ´saltos de Petrohue´ were large. Petrohue itself was very small. Not even a shop. A campsite on the other side of the river. Mille pesos for the crossing and I landed on a campsite with a lot of mosquitos. I can not remember I had diner with so much mosquitos. Others were prepared with creme and could cook in a mosquito free tent. When evening fell it was over. We had a very nice evening with Misael and his and another family from Santiago and Franci and her girlfriend from Germany. We drank an nice beer and had a lot of god tasting meat which expert Misael prepared. He worked at Rabobank in Santiago and thought that his Dutch chefs were much too strict. So his opinion about Dutch was already a bit coloured.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.124s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb