Day 267 Brazil, Rio de Janerio


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
August 11th 2015
Published: August 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Followers,



So our first day in Rio, we started by looking at all the tours available, and whether it would be cheaper to do them on our own or on a tour. We worked out there was not much in it and the tour would explain everything and have the added history so we decided on the full day tour including Sugar loaf and Chris the redeemer with a few other things included. We booked it for a few days time.



We walked to Botafogo beach today, which was a 5min walk, it was nice but the water was dirty as the yacht club was there so they had emptied out the bilges and all the engine oil so we decided to walk to Copacabana.



We walked through the traffic tunnels to get to Copacabana (people said to be careful as they are dangerous but they are very safe). As expected it was a nice beach, but not as good as everybody thinks. The sand is a little dirty and it is very crowded; it’s also not recommended to swim as the sea is not very clean and it’s very rough. We walked along the beach for a while and then headed up into town, we walked along the shops before walking the long way around to the hostel.



On the way back we stopped at the super market and got ingredients for lunch, we wanted spag bowl, and the mince out here is minced in front of you and is really good quality and cheap!!! We ended up having it for lunch and had it for dinner as well.



We spent the afternoon chatting with people drinking and relaxing, it gets so hot in the afternoon and its there winter!! Summer would be a killer!!!



In the evening we had dinner, chatted with another English couple called James and Jess and had a nice chilled night drinking Caipirinha and beer.



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb