Tour de Rio!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
February 21st 2014
Published: February 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Another weekend spent in Rio this month, and this time the parents joined me on my trip which was amazing! Got to play tour guide for them, starting on the first night with couple caprihana's at the beach hut across the road. The dude who works there recognised me from last week, not sure if this is a good thing! My dad stuck to cerveza but the stepmum tried a caprihana, nearly blew her head off at first but you grow to love them. Wasn't too late a night, up next morning to explore. We were going to do a tour through the hotel just for convenience but was fully booked so we braved it ourselves. Got public bus to Copacabana Beach, then walked over to Sugarloaf mountain. Words can't describe how stunning this place is. You get a cable car up to one mountain top, then another to Sugarloaf, the views are just unreal! After here we heard back down and got lunch on Copacabana beach. Such a fun place, so much happening. Especially with carnival starting next week. Then got a mini van up to see Christ De Redeemer. Another encounter with an absolutely insane bus driver, thought we were going to fly off the mountain! I'd been to here and Sugarloaf before but so glad I got to do it with my dad and stepmum. It's so amazing, christ is even higher than where we had just been so the views were even more unbelievable! Everyone was posing in front of Jesus for photos so its like 'Where's Wally' tying to see yourself in your pictures. Weather was scorching so we headed back and got the bus back to hotel. Went out for some traditional Brazilian dinner - mine consisted of beef, rice, black beans, banana and a poached egg. Random but actually so nice. Then back to beach hut and after a few caprihanas my dad insisted that we all go out partying. So few of us headed to a club nearby, was so busy and queued out so we decided just to leave it. Probably for the best, think those kind of nights are best without parental company. Just chilled on beach next day, thanks goodness as was bit fragile. Got out on the bodyboard. Then did a wee shop and got a case full of Havaiana flip flops to take home. I had a siesta before leaving that night whilst those two went back to beach and had one last drink at the beach hut. I got woken by load music and came out on my balcony to see a parade going by, think it was a pre party for Carnaval next week. So devastated won't be here for it as will be so much fun! Was such a fantastic weekend! Love you Rio!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb