couple days chilling and caprihana time in Rio!


Advertisement
Published: February 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Back to one of my favourite places in the world - Rio! Got 2 nights here. The first spent at one of the beach shacks across the road on the caprihana's! Only about 2 pounds for one and they are lethal! Pure alcohol and sugar, love them. Although meant that the next day I was bit fragile so spent the day chilling on Barra Beach. Usually like to body board here but the waves were insane and there were signs everywhere not to go into the sea so decided best not too. The beach offers lots of interesting things to buy such a block of halumi cheese which is grilled on the spot. I just went with some corn on the cob and bought a little red bikini from the bikini man and his array of swimwear hanging from an umbrella. My fave thing here is the Acai de copo. It's like a slush made from the Acai berry and meant to be so good for you. Have a little routine when here where I go across to the beach shack and get that, with granola and sit on the beach with it. So good! On second day the weather wasn't too great so me and one of the boys from my crew got bikes out and cycled along the beach. We tried to cycle to Copacabana but got lost so headed back and cycled all the way along Barra Beach which is stunning. We got to the end and stopped off at a beach shack. where the dude who worked there told us to try his fish as it's delicious. So we took his word for it and had a platter of fried fish which proved him right. And hydrated ourselves on some fresh coconut. Smashing wee afternoon. Could honestly live here. So gutted that I am just missing carnival which starts on the 28th feb. Hopefully be here again in summer for the World Cup!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

sand castle sand castle
sand castle

this would get knocked down in glasgow!


Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb