Travel Blog 3


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What does diversity look like in this country? What different races are prominent in this society?

Source: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/world/july-dec11/brazil_08-30.html

Summary: In this video it talked about women's roles in society. A major thing that is happening due to the drastic change in the role of women in Brazil is the birth rate. It is now lower than the birth rate in the U.S with only 1.9 babies per woman. This is caused because of influences such as the first female president in Brazil that influence women to strive to have better jobs. On a total average poll, women make up 40% of the workforce in the country, meaning a lot of women are now having jobs in multiple fields. Also that in college the graduates tend to come out as women. More women in Brazil are graduating college than the men.

Women play roles such a physical therapists, presidents, analysts, and many other high level occupations. Due to the high college graduation rate among women, they are becoming more likely to obtain these high level jobs. Yes they do have equality because they make up almost half of the countries work force meaning a lot of women in Brazil have many different jobs and they also work alongside the men. Women's right movement of 1960 had a major impact on the equality of women in Brazil contributing to the fact that now women can have practically ANY job they choose. Thus, women do have equality in Brazil because they can have the same job as a man such as the president of the country.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb