Travel Blog Assignment 4


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona » Barcelona
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: How do sports play a role in the everyday life of people in Spain?

https://spanishdialects-11b.wikispaces.com/Cultural+Impacts+of+Spanish+Soccer

In Spain, the most dominant sport is Soccer. Soccer may seem like just a sport where 22 players are running on the field chasing after the ball, attempting to get it in each others nets. That's not the case in Spain. "La Liga" in Spain is one of the most prestigious soccer leagues in the whole world. It's where the the top teams in Spain play. Famously Barcelona F.C and Real Madrid, who share a rivalry in La Liga. This rivalry is a big deal because not only does it involve the two best teams in Spain, but it also creates a rivalry between the two most popular regions in all of Spain. This indicates the rivalry that Barcelona, Spain and Madrid, Spain have in real life.

Soccer in Spain is a huge deal. As of late because Spain was the country who had just recently won the last FIFA World Cup that was held in South Africa. Also because now Barcelona and Madrid have gained two extremely important players to their club of brilliant players. On the Barcelona side, they gained the Brazilian beast, Neymar, while Madrid has picked up the Welsh International, former Spurs player Gareth Bale. They think it's more than just a game in Spain. Soccer is a way of life and they will truly stick to the side they were born to. That's why the rivalry between Barcelona and Madrid exists because they determine who the better region is through the 90 minutes the two Spanish clubs play. this shows the importance that Soccer has on the soccer based country of Spain.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb