Botafogo...


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
September 30th 2005
Published: October 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Arrived at the Botafogo Easy Hostel, set two blocks from the beach. Looked like a proper hostel with lots of people coming in and out of the place, and a bar and mini pool.
Went up to Santa Teresa for a proper visit after our Corcovado trip cut our previous visit short. Lin was all smiles on the Tram ride both up and down. Some people are easy to please! We walked through the cobbled streets taking in views of the Favelahs below.
Saw the film Á Virgin at 40´ . Gave us alot of laughs and the Portugese subtitles must have got the humour across well, as the audience loved it.
Went out for a meal on thursday with Chris and Audrey. Nice to see them again before we left Rio. They directed us to ´Plataforma´, a Samba show that we´d booked in Leblon. This was really spectacular. The Capoeira (form of martial art - noncombat) was very impressive, and so were the costumes!
Friday was our last day in Rio, and turned out to be the best weather. We only had an hour on the beach before our flight to Foz, but this was still enough to get sunburnt!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0952s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb