Churrascaria


Advertisement
Published: April 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Sadly, it became evident today that we would no longer be able to visit Iguacu Falls due to full flights. We could have used TAM airlines, but they do not give us as great of a discount as GOL, and it would have been triple the cost.

As disappointed as we were, we know that we can go back in the future. We held our heads up high and went to explore some more, since we would now be in Rio 3 extra days. We went out early to Praia Vermelha and swam a little and also fed the marmosets on the trail. At about noon, we had lunch at a local churrascaria, called Estrela do Sul. We had been to Fogo de Chao in Indianapolis for our anniversary last year and really liked it. This place was similar, and serves lots of different meats. It is all you can eat and they keep coming by the table with meat on skewers until you tell them no more. I also had a couple of caipirinhas that they made from scratch at our table....very tasty!

After lunch, the girls went back to the flat and rested up, while I walked down to the bay to admire the views of Sugarloaf on this clear day.

Later on for dinner, we had pizza at the Rio Sul mall and then walked around the huge mall for a bit, before going back to the flat for sleep. The flat was very clean and comfortable, and although there was a lot of traffic outside below, it did not bother our sleep. It was hot, but I never used any blankets, and with the windows open, it felt just fine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb