Day 4


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Botafogo
February 25th 2009
Published: February 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 4

After waking up a more respectable time we headed back to Ipanema beach. So we jumped on the bus for another white knuckle ride before chilling on the beach. the waves were huge but not surf material as they were 'Dunkers' according to the Ozzie chicks! After a couple of hours we headed to a bar at the beach and watched some locals playing foot volleyball. There touches were something else!

It got to about 4.30 and as we were close to the English bar we thought we'd go and watch Liverpool vs real Madrid. What a waste of time, really boring match but a great result! Craig was happy as he could buy hiss burger and chips and was able to explain no cheese to the English waiter!

So we headed back to the hostel, jumped in the shower, changed and back out for the big match, a semi final between Botafogo (where we are staying) and Fleminese. There was a big group of us going from the hostel so we all headed for the metro, jumped and went to the Maracana stadium. When we arrived it was a short walk to the ground. There were thousands of people and we had to walk all the way around to get to the right turnstile. When we got our tickets we headed in. I was really surprised about the standard of the stadium, its recently been refurbed and was class. Its free seating so we found an area near the front of the top tier, great views from behind the goals. I thought that we had great atmosphere's at home but this was something else! Nobody sat down the whole game and everyone was singing and abusing the opposition constantly! Nobody really watches the game they just sing and wave their shirts and flags above their heads! Finally a goal, dodgy header and shocking defending, typically Brasilian!

The match finished 1-0 but it was a tight game, poor passing, shocking shooting and no movement!

So we headed home and got back to the hostel before heading to the nightclub next door for Reggae night! We got asked for ID, something i was really happy about, not been asked for years! The club was like being in a house, lots of small rooms with random dreadlocks dudes smoking dope! After a fair few beers Craig got brave and snogged some brasilian chick, and i can happily confirm that yes, she was NOT a ladyboy, but amazingly hot, lucky git!

T


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb