Day 3


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Botafogo
February 24th 2009
Published: February 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 3

After waking at 2pm we decided we would head to the beach in Ipanema, we asked Michelle for the correct bus number, got showed and headed outside into the 34degree heat.

The bus runs adjacent to our hostel so it was easy to flag the bus down, each bus has a driver and conductor with a turnstile but some buses only except swipe cards...so we failed with our first attempt to get the bus but the second one that came we paid 2rais and were on our way.

We got off a little early in coca and wondered down the beach, the streets are lined with dancers singing and playing the drums etc. We get to Ipanema beach where we chilled for a bit, we then headed to an English bar Tom had read about to watch the man u game. We got the bus back late on which was quality, it was rammed with dancers who were obviously on there way to the parade, they were singing and dancing on the bus, was quality! we saw our point of reference C&A (the clothing shop..haha weird) and jumped off.

So we head to the supermarket to stock up on beer and food. Craig decides he doesn't want to eat so I treat myself to a nice pizza. Finally we arrive back at the hostel where some other are having a dinner party. So i try to turn the oven on and some Ozzie chick says did you know the oven doesn't work? What? 2quid on pizza that i can't eat, budgets! Eventually i worked out a way to cook it, however it involved standing over the oven for 15minutes whilst it cooked, and it was seriously hot!

Food eaten, lets get on the beer! We start nailing the skol beer (not the same as skol at home) and some people from our hostel say that they were heading off to a beach party in Ipanema, bargain! So we head off on a bus to the beach party. Some bright spark said that the bus was heading to Ipanema but when we had all got on and paid it only went to the lagoon, about a 10 minute walk to the beach. On heading down we stroll past a couple of chicks eating the faces off each other. Hang on a minute, we are walking through the gay pride parade.

On arriving at the beach we sit down, grab some beers and chill on the beach chatting with the chicks from our hostel, good times.

T

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb