Day 5


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Botafogo
February 26th 2009
Published: February 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Another good layin, h'm struggling to sleep in shared rooms but i think its just getting used to it! So we head down to Ipanema beach again in the afternoon and are harassed by loads of beach people selling stuff, i got a wicked Brasil flag towel/ sarong. Craig bought and tank top and some others bought tees and and a hammock. We watched the sun set before getting another bus back to the hostel. On arriving back at the hostel we decided to go to the bus terminal. What an experience!

The stoned guy that works at reception told us to get bus 125, the bus was outside so 5 of us jumped on and headed to the Rodavario. After about half an hour we look out and we were in some really dodgy area. There was a huge station so we jumped and went in. It turns out it was the train station. We asked for directions and some guy walked us outside and said walk forwards a couple of blocks... so we did. There were people on the street everywhere staring at us. It wasn't a place for a group of white tourists! We walked a few yards and the girl in front of us just fell over and od'd. She was having some sort of fit on the floor obviously from drugs. everyone just ignored her which i couldn't believe! So Craig starts crapping his pants and keeps saying lets just go back to the station and get a taxi home! The 2 girls we were with were almost wetting themselves laughing at how scared he was, bless! So we managed to find a taxi who said jump on the bus opposite so we all ran over, jumped on and were safe at last! we got to the Rodavrio (bus station) and booked our tickets to Florianopolis for Sunday and waited for our bus home.

When we got back Craig was shattered from the stress, all he said on the way home was my heart is going at 200bpm!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb