Day 260 Brazil, Bonito


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Mato Grosso do Sul » Bonito
August 4th 2015
Published: August 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Family, Friends and bloggers,



So we woke up early as our time clock has been beaten up lately… even though we are in the same country and just above Foz it is now an hour back!



So everyone we spoke to in the hostel on arrival said they do an amazing free breakfast here, and we were not let down!!! In all of South America so far it has been bread and jam/dulce de leche, at this hostel however, it was a full on feast of fruit, bread, ham, cheese’s and cakes of all kinds, plus 4 different juices to drink!! We were in heaven!!!



The hostel is a really nice family run place, everything is clean and their son speaks English and helps book up all the tours. They have a fridge for food to be stored, a computer room, pool table, bike hire and a sitting area for TV watching or chatting!!



Today we spent a leisurely day doing nothing! We needed it too! We watched films and episodes of Grimm. We had a little wander into the town, but it is so hot (30 degrees) that we didn’t stay out for long. We managed to book up our bus from Bonito to Sao Paulo via Campo Grande, walk around the town and go in a few shops, and just look around the little town of Bonito.



We walked to the supermarket to get some things, items are so much cheaper in Brazil compared to home and especially compared to Argentina. For example, we cannot buy loads of pre chopped veg for 20p, 3 bananas for 20p, mangos 60p, water (as we can’t drink it here) is about 30p, toiletries and wine is about the same as the UK. But beer is cheap only 30p for a can of Skol.



We had pasta for tea again, not much atmosphere at the hostel so we watch episodes of Grimm and Supernatural and chatted between ourselves, also we were shattered by 11pm!!



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb