Day 259 Brazil, Campo Grande to Bonito


Advertisement
Published: August 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,



About 7.30am we arrived into Campo Grande, we then bought some breakfast at the terminal, and also bought our onward bus ticket to Bonito, which was a 3-hour wait until it left and then another 6 hours on that bus. Urhhhh! Best part was this ladyboy who looked like she had a fake bum and lip implants, and when she turned around and put her bag down had a big old stiffy sticking through her dress!! LOL everyone seemed to be looking at him..I mean her…and the stiffy!!!



The bus stopped for 45 minutes for lunch on that journey, which did break it up a bit. We had some local food on a self-service buffet; it was nice and only £3. When we arrived at 3pm, we were met at the terminal by the free hostel pick up-always nice! We are staying at Catarino’s Guest House, the cheapest in town (30R/£5.50), with great reviews on trip advisor.



When we arrived we were upgraded for free to a private double room instead of the 12 bed dorm we had booked-heaven! For the next 2 hours we showered and chilled out.



Neil and I had come to Bonito to do the renowned snorkeling in 100% visibility rivers, so we had a little look at the tours that the hostel organised. There were some half-day tours for about 140 Real that looked good. As we are running out of money quite quickly now it seems, we decided to hire bikes from the hostel and cycle the 6.4km to Balneario Municipal, which doesn’t have as many fish but is still beautiful, with grassy areas to sunbathe.



That evening we cooked pasta and drank wine, which we had bought with us from Argentina to use up the rest of our currency we had spare, just before we left. We then had a fairly early night and watched a Grimm.



Love V&N xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb