Bolivia


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia
August 5th 2006
Published: August 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Besides the many misfortunes that happened my first couple of days, i enjoyed bolivia. if you come there with no plans, and nothing bad happens, it is a paradise. sorry guys, i have gotten too lazy and with school starting, too tired to update. so i will briefly summarize:

Leaving La paz, i went to Copocabana, the city of lake titicaca. the 3 hour bus ride is scenic and not bad. there are plains with mountain tops in the distance. this city is small and not much happening. but overall, it was lovely. The highlight was eating fresh fish from the lake. the lake itself is amazing. being so high in altitude you really have to take things slow. i spent 1.5 days on isla del sol. this island is where the incas say the sun was born. very mellow. very tranquila.
then i took a bus to tiliwakana, which has many inca ruins and artifacts. good for a day. luckily i met a history teacher on the bus, so she filled me in with the basic inca history.
i also met a group of students from the UK who ahve been doing research in santa cruz in the jungle.
dancing in the streetsdancing in the streetsdancing in the streets

this was in copocabana. they were practicing for their independence day
this was their break and they invited me to do a 3 day biking adventure down the most dangerous road and around the city of coroico. death road was such an adrenaline rush. you bike down this unpaved dirt road, probably 2 lanes wide, with many rocks. there are no guardrails and the left side is just a steep drop. you have to dodge the other bikers, trucks, cars, watch the scenery and try not to eat it on the road. yes, its so touristy, but so worth it. biking the jungle and andes was great. i have a new love for mountain biking.
after that, i had 2 more days left and spent it back in la paz. i enjoyed it better this time becuase i knew what to expect and i was in a more friendly, better hostel.

i would like to go back to bolivia. it is for the outdoor adventurists, there is so many trekking and activities that you can do. and its quite lovely.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

copocabanacopocabana
copocabana

the tiny city of the huge lake
inca ruinsinca ruins
inca ruins

inca ¨palace¨ on isla del sol
before the deathbefore the death
before the death

me before the death road...
the callethe calle
the calle

what biking down death road looked like


Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb