Snowboarding during summer.


Advertisement
Published: August 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, I finally managed to get a few days off of class ( will write about my 2.5 weeks studying in Buenos Aires later) and went to Bariloche. Bariloche is in the patagonia, the south of argentina. It is this gorgeous town in the Andes. It looks like Lake tahoe with a huge lake, but with more of a German Influence. The town is really cute. Lots of tourism- brazillians, chileans, and argentinas. actually most of the porteños were in the final year of high school. they come with their school, hang out in bariloche, go to cathedral ( the ski resort) take the lift up to one point, hang out for an hour, take another lift, hang out some more, then take the lift to the bottom and go back to bariloche. the funny part is after, they all go to the supermarkets and spend at least 2 hours debating on what type of alcohol to buy. i guess the senior trip means hang out in the snow and just get plastered at night. some of the conversations i heard were pretty funny. just hearing the students debate and justify what alcohol to buy is hilarious. otherwise, bariloche was grat.
bus ridebus ridebus ride

the bus ride was amazing. we went through mountains, by rivers, planes, red rocks..
good chocolate and good discos. kinda expensive.

anyways, i found a local hostel (15 pesos a night, while the advertised ones wanted 25) and out of the 30 people, only one other spoke english. so i got to practice my spanish. it was really cozy and everyone was super sweet. I meet up with some people one afternoon and tried to help them with snowboarding. with my little spanish and their little spanish, it was an interesting lesson.

snowboarding in cathedral was amazing!!i lucked out becuase this is the best snowfall they have recieved. over 3 meters of snow!!! and my 2.5 days of boarding were the best. i would wake up to sun and fresh powder. there was no wind, i found hidden valleys for fresh snow. it was probably some of the best conditions i have been in.. i wish i could of stayed longer but i had to get back to school.

one of the highlights was the bus ride. we drove through valleys, planes, by rivers, mountains. so beautiful!!!

will put more pictures of cathedral up later. i took them on a disposible.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

bus ride 2bus ride 2
bus ride 2

the bus ride was amazing. we went through mountains, by rivers, planes, red rocks..


Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb