Paradise for a day.


Advertisement
Published: May 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The hotel was amazing!! First off...the place is huge. I couldn't get over our room. When you first walk in there is a living room and dining room..kitchen with everything in it..even a small room for a maid. There were 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. I had the room with the kingsize bed..yay!! Cable TV with English channels..oh i was in heaven. I swear everyone staying at the place was goodlooking. This is where all the guys have been hiding cause i sure haven't seen one goodlooking guy since i've been here! A little off topic, but there are so many gorgeous women and no guys to match! But..alot of the women here dress like..umm..what we would call an escort or high class hooker. It's really something else and it's so hard not to stare.
So, we went swimming, had a drink and waited for my uncle to meet us. There was a fancy restaurant at the hotel we went to and we were the only people there. It was a beautiful restaurant and we had a great dinner. Some of the food here i am really starting to like. Fried plantains is one..beets is another. I know..strange right?? I also strangely never get sick of beans and it's something we never really eat at home.

I woke up this morning feeling great. We had a buffet breakfast..breakfast here in very blah compared to home. Lots of BREAD always.

My cousin and i went to the salon and got manicures and pedicures. It was a nice place and stuff like that is cheap here..it think it was $10 for both. Anyway..i think the woman doing mine was trying to rip out my soul through my toenail...ugh..it was not pleasant. I also couldn't stop thinking that they don't sanitize their impliments and really hoping i don't end up with an infection..but i have pretty toes and fingers now!

In the afternoon we went to the spa for a full body exfoliation and massage. Soooo nice. I was totally meant to be rich cause that is the life for me.

I almost forgot we were in Santa Cruz until we left the grounds and drove through the stinky dirty streets. I saw a little girl about 4 sweeping garbage in the street. A motorbike with 2 adults and 2 kids drove by. It's so hard to get used to. There is so much going on, and to me..it's so sad..but to them it's just everyday living.
Yet again i was gripping the chair in the taxi as everyone drives like complete maniacs. Funny though, i haven't seen anyone give the finger??

Tomorrow we are off to Semaipata until Sunday. I'm hoping to get a little touristy shopping done.

Well, i'm off to bed. One more week and i'll be in Vancouver. I sure can't wait to hug my boys.

Advertisement



24th May 2008

YAY! The resort sounds SO nice!! Lucky girl! You deserved it!!!! I can't believe you only have one week left. Jamie from the Legion was in and was asking about you. He couldn't believe you were going to be home so soon either. Time really has flown. I can't imagine how much you and the boys miss one another. And.....do you think the BEANS have anything to do with your upset tummy?? hahahaha ;)
26th May 2008

If youve been eating alot of watermelon that has been cut up for a while, that is more dangerous than any meat. The water they use to grow it is usually bad, its when it is cut up and left out where the oxygen mingles with the bacteria. It took me a few times to learn that one.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb