Santa Cruz de la Sierra


Advertisement
Published: April 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Another quick entry to get these blogs up to date 😊

Due to some unexpected road blocks outside of La Paz, isolating it from the rest of the country, I decided to not wait until the blockades came down and purchased a flight to Santa Cruz, in eastern Bolivia. Instead of the 17 hour overnight bus ride from La Paz to Santa Cruz, it only took an hour to fly there 😊 Arriving on Good Friday meant that not much was going on in the city as it pretty much look like a ghost town. Checked into my hostel that had hammocks in the courtyard and toucans entertaining the guests. Can't believe I traveled in Costa Rica for 10 days and never saw one, but this hostel had two.

Spending four days in Santa Cruz over the Easter weekend meant that there really wasn't much to do besides relax. I ended up visiting a zoo with some other Canadians, going bowling with a group of people from the hostel, going out for dinner and drinks with the same group of friends and seeing a movie.

The city was really nice, but really hot and humid which is not something I am too crazy about. Definitely a lot different than La Paz in the landscape of the city (very flat) and the mixture of people.

Enjoy the pics!


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

A view of El AltoA view of El Alto
A view of El Alto

Look how flat this city is compared to La Paz
The "other" airport in Santa CruzThe "other" airport in Santa Cruz
The "other" airport in Santa Cruz

I thought I was flying to the international airport but the airline had other planes.
Political GraffitiPolitical Graffiti
Political Graffiti

Yes to Autonomy, No to Communism


Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 23; qc: 105; dbt: 0.1514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb