Day 220 Bolivia, La Paz to Potosi.


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hola Everyone,



Once again we had a lazy morning until we had to check out at 11am. We had our normal bread and honey and banana breakfast in the hostel.



We then put our bags in the hostel storage and headed out to the cable car that is in La Paz, there are three different ones but we picked the one that went up the highest point to look down on the city. It’s only 6BOB return (60p) and you get spectacular views of the huge city with the snow-capped mountains looming in the distance. We also went over the graveyards; here they bury the dead above ground in buildings in rows. The pictures look cool and they’re even behind plastic glass!



As we had all day to waste so we walked to the clothes markets, the electronics markets and even the black market!! There was not much to see just normal tat. Some of the outdoor shops had very good fakes and were only £25 pound for a North Face coat, which is normal £200 plus and really good quality.



We headed down to this Mexican restaurant for lunch, it was only 30 BOB = £3 for a Mexican curry with the entire trimming of guacamole, rice and tortillas, I asked for extra picante (extra spicy), it was great we can’t believe how cheap and good the food is here.



We headed back to the hostel; Vick went back out to buy a blanket and bag she had been eying up the last few days. I got on with the blogs and when Vick got back we watched Trainspotting (to me a classic film that has to be watched).



We then walked to the bus terminal about 30 mins away with stops for water and snacks for the journey. We checked in and just past 2000 we left for Potosi. The journey was going to be long and hard as I can’t sleep on these over night buses, Vick can sleep anywhere, makes me very jealous.



We will pick up the journey again in the next blog.





Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb