Would you like Salt with that?


Advertisement
Published: April 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We woke early to sunshine and the sounds of the army performing the dawn drill on the edge of the salt plains in Uyuni. Having heard about the wonders of Minuteman Pizza we made a beeline for their homemade granola and smoothies = best breakfast of the trip so far!

We headed off in our little 4WD with a driver who said very little, two inquisitive old Germans and two hilarious guys from San Francisco. First stop was Colchani and the salt museum... we road a salt llama!

We then clambered over salt mountains and visited one of the famous salt hotels where I was stampeded by a baby vicuña before heading of to the cacti filled wonderland of La Isla de los Pescadores for lunch.

Then the fun bit began. Along with Gemma & Greg who we had met in Potosí, and Juan & Irv we spent over an hour jumping about on the salt trying our best to create photos using the weird perspectively that the infinitely white salt plain presents. It was heaps of fun and we managed to get a few good shots, including ones with us riding woolley llamas. Will try and post these when we get back to Argentina.

It was an awesome day, and finished with South America´s best pizza back at Minuteman before the guys headed off on another mission bus trip and we planned our next move.

Go to Uyuni and go to Minuteman - this was one of the best days of our trip so far!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb