coroico & sorata


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Coroico
August 2nd 2005
Published: August 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

oh, if you are getting one of these emails for the first time, it means i met you traveling and i finally found your email. hope your travels are going smoothly. you can check out some of the other blogs of mine, chances are there is a picture or two of you there.

I left La Paz on Saturday (I think) and headed for Coroico. On the way I met Austin (powers) from Norway, now he travels the right way - see the pictures and you will find out what i mean. Coroico is a little Eden. Warm, green and at an elevation of 1600 meters (about 5000 feet) is a relief from la paz. the first night stayed in a hostal run by a french couple, food was good, the beds weren't. So Austin and i headed up the road to sol y Luna, a hostal run by a German lady. Nice rooms and good prices - about $3 each per night. I took a few Spanish lessons from siria leon (siria_leon@yahoo.com) nice lady, who charges 30bs and hour. if you are going to study spanish this would be a good place. good weather, small town, not a lot of gringos ... there are good restaurants where you can get soup and the plate of the day for less than $1. I left Coroico and headed up the death road to la paz for one night. At the top of the road we hit construction and had to wait about an hour before we could continue. met up with Gary and had dinner at an Argentinian steak house and the next morning i left for Sorata.

took a cab to the "bus station", it is nice to take a 20 minute cab ride for about a dollar. I took a mini bus to Sorata and on the way, there was a parade in the middle of the highway so we were delayed for awhile. i don't know why they didn't use the road next to the highway. it was august 6th which is Bolivia's independence day. I stayed in sorata at Altai Oasis , phone number 71519856. it is run by Johny and Roxana a Bolivian couple. it is a good place to chill. i would recommend the rooms down by the river. stayed here for two days and then headed for lake Titicaca where i am right now - waitng for phil to send me a contract to sell my house!!! actually right now i am in arequipa, peru and i am heading to lima tomorrow (aug 16th)



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

stuffstuff
stuff

my stuff
stuffstuff
stuff

austinĀ“s stuff
coroico 10coroico 10
coroico 10

my teacher
coroico 11coroico 11
coroico 11

a t-shirt from the chocolate moose in ely mn!!!!!
coroico 12coroico 12
coroico 12

a t-shirt from the chocolate moose in ely mn!!!!!
sorata 4sorata 4
sorata 4

my cabana down by the river
sorata 6sorata 6
sorata 6

flower


16th August 2005

Green eyes
Hey there Dave, More amazing photos, makes me wanna get down and dirty again in S.A, Bolivia has such amazing views. Take care man.

Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1103s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb