lake titicaca


Advertisement
Published: August 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

i should try to keep up to date on these blogs because once again i am writing from memory.

Arriving in copacabana was like going back in to the tourist world. after spending so much time in Bolivia where there aren't a lot of tourist, well some backpacker type tourists and tourists in la Paz, copa was a reminder of what i would be seeing in peru. there were a lot of tourists, backpackers and "regular" tourist. i.e. people who are traveling for a few weeks and can afford to stay in nice places. not that i have stayed in bad places, and copa was a cheap place to stay. yo could get a room for about $1.25 per night. i sprung and got a nice one with private bath for $3 a night. i am currently in arequipa as i write this and i will be going to Lima tomorrow where i will be paying $7 a night to stay in a hostel. Oh well!!

the lake was nice, but when you have lived in Minnesota it is hard not to compare lakes to the lakes in Minnesota. lake titicaca is about 3800 meters above sea level, i
isla del solisla del solisla del sol

old meets new
think that is about 11,800 feet above sea level!!!!! definitely higher than Minnesota lakes. actually about 2500 feet higher than the top of the mountain at the ski resort i worked at!!!!!

Anyway, spent about three nights here, took the boat to isla del sol. there were about 50 people on this boat and it only had two 60 horse outboard motors. so to say the least it was slow!!!!

After leaving Copacabana I went to the Peruvian side of lake titicaca and stayed in the town of puno - so the next blog will be about puno.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

chicaschicas
chicas

chicas del inglaterra


19th August 2005

interesting
enjoyed reading your adventures sounds like your really seeing the country enjoyed pictures
23rd August 2005

hey dave-thanks for keeping us up to date on your adventa! blogging-way to be so 21st century...

Tot: 0.439s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 75; dbt: 0.1677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb